Friday, May 10, 2019

Discovering the Hidden Artist

Paint nights are known to be fun filled, exciting and relaxing. However, people without artistic skills often get nervous about attending one of these. Here are some lessons for them. It will help drive the skepticism away.

Almost all the paintings and artwork I created as a child as well as a teenager received similar comments; ‘This is just not for you’. My creative juices refuse to flow. Well, I managed decent grades, but art was not for me. It was therefore, understandable for me to be nervous when I was invited for a local paint night at a dear friend’s place. As skipping it or saying No was not an option, I decided to accompany myself with an attitude to enjoy, laugh and hang around with friends; even if produce art. Surprisingly, I came back home with an artwork I could not believe was created by my non-artistic hands. What came along were some lessons that could drive the nervousness out of the many non-artistic people like me.

Usually, all the guests at a paint night are given the same piece of art. However, while the ones blessed with true artistic skills tweak the original art by using different colors, people like me stick to the original. Although we do not experiment, we can create it reasonably well under the supervision of the teacher conducting the paint night. Wine helps in opening up the mind to try new things. Creativity flows faster and better with wine in the blood. Moreover, do not be ashamed to ask even the smallest doubts. You are not an artist, but you can learn by asking. Trying your hands art with friends is advisable. For; your dear friends never fail in encouraging you to try and enjoy what you otherwise considered impossible.

You will be surprised to discover the hidden artist in you. What’s more, you will feel relaxed and happy at the end of it all; not to forget drive away your age old apprehensions.

So, shrug the nervousness and attend a paint night for relaxation and happiness.

For further details, contact them at https://www.theartsybackyard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment